Terms of Service
Welcome to Fightforfifteen.com. Please carefully review our User Agreement before you begin using the site. Thank you.
A. Your Acceptance
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to this User Agreement, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. Fightforfifteen.com may, in its sole discretion, modify this User Agreement at any time. By continuing to use this website following our posting of such changes, you agree to be bound by this User Agreement, as modified.
B. General Use of the Website — Permissions and Restrictions
- Fightforfifteen.com hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website as set forth in this User Agreement, provided that:
- You do not collect any personally identifiable information of others, including user names or email addresses, from the Website.
- You do not use the Website for any commercial purposes without the prior written authorization of Fightforfifteen.com. You agree not to transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited advertising, promotional information, bulk e-mail or other solicitation. You agree not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to material they post on the Website.
- You do not use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Fightforfifteen.com servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional online web browser. Fightforfifteen.com grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. Fightforfifteen.com reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- You do not transmit or otherwise make available any content containing any “virus,” “worm,” “trojan horse,” or any other computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You do not alter or modify any part of the Website.
- You do not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or our sites or servers (or networks connected to our Website).
- You do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or cause distress, unwanted attention, or discomfort to a person or entity on or through the Website or its communication systems.
- You do not transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Website any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, as solely determined by Fightforfifteen.com.
- Fightforfifteen.com reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, for any reason, and without notice to you.
- Fightforfifteen.com reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user’s access to the Website, without prior notice and at Fightforfifteen.com’s sole discretion.
- This list of permissions and restrictions, along with the other terms discussed below, is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative. We reserve the right in our sole and final judgment to determine whether conduct violates conduct requirements for the Website.
C. Your Use of Content on the Site
The following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of content on the Website.
- The content on the Website (other than your User Content), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (collectively, ” Fightforfifteen.com Content”) is owned by or licensed by Fightforfifteen.com. Similarly, the trademarks, service marks and logos contained on the Website are owned or licensed by Fightforfifteen.com. Except as otherwise provided in this User Agreement or elsewhere on the website (e.g., in the description of a campaign), the Fightforfifteen.com Content may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of David Rolf or his representative. Fightforfifteen.com reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Fightforfifteen.com Content.
- The Website is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. As part of such use, you may display, download and/or print pages from the site; you may link to the Website; and you may forward Website materials to others for personal, non-commercial uses that are reasonably related to the Website’s purposes.
- You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to Fightforfifteen.com Content, User Content, and other third-party content from a variety of sources, and that Fightforfifteen.com makes no warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Fightforfifteen.com Content, User Content, or other third-party content. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Content that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Fightforfifteen.com with respect thereto.
D. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any Fightforfifteen.com Content or User Content infringes upon your copyright, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing Fightforfifteen.com’s Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit Fightforfifteen.com to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are, or are authorized to act on behalf of, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed, or that of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Fightforfifteen.com‘s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached at president (at) seiu775.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the above requirements, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the Copyright Agent. Please use the Contact form for any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, or other communications with Fightforfifteen.com.
E. Warranty Disclaimer
This website is provided to you “as is.” You agree that your use of the Fightforfifteen.com website shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Fightforfifteen.com, as well as its officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the ” Fightforfifteen.com parties”), disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the website and your use thereof. The Fightforfifteen.com parties cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currentness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site. Nor do the Fightforfifteen.com parties guarantee that the website will be error free, or continuously available, or that the website will be free of viruses or other harmful components. The Fightforfifteen.com parties do not warrant, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or services provided, advertised or offered by a third party through the Fightforfifteen.com website or any hyperlinked website or featured in any banner or other advertising.
F. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Fightforfifteen.com parties be liable to you or anyone else for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever, whether or not they are foreseeable, relating to this website, including any damages resulting from any (I) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content, (II) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website, (III) unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (IV) interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website, (V) bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party, and/or (VI) errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Fightforfifteen.com, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not Fightforfifteen.com is advised of the possibility of such damages. You specifically acknowledge that the Fightforfifteen.com parties shall not be liable for user content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you. Certain state laws do not allow limitations on or implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. To the extent these laws apply to you, some of the provisions set forth in this agreement may not apply. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Fightforfifteen.com parties against any and all claims, of whatever nature, that arise out of your use of and access to the Fightforfifteen.com website or your violation of any of this user agreement. This indemnification obligation will survive this user agreement and your use of the Fightforfifteen.com website.
G. Ability to Accept User Agreement
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this User Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this User Agreement. In any case, you affirm that you are over the age of 13, as the Fightforfifteen.com Website is not intended for children under 13.
This User Agreement shall be governed by the internal substantive laws of Seattle, WA, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between you and Fightforfifteen.com that arises in whole or in part from the Website shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Seattle, WA.
You and Fightforfifteen.com agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
This User Agreement is made effective as of March 1, 2016.